Schedule of Rates & Tariffs
Baton Rouge Water Company
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Issued: December 19, 2013
Monthly Minimum Charge
Size of Meter
- 5/8" - $8.52
- 3/4" - $13.37
- 1" - $23.08
- 1 ½" - $48.55
- 2" - $78.87
- 3" - $148.02
- 4" - $248.22
- 6" - $491.43
- 8" - $975.64
- 10" - $2818.87
The minimum charge applicable to meter banks (two or more meters on one service line) shall be that which would be billed under the above schedule for a single meter having nearest equivalent capacity.
Monthly Rates for Water Used Per 100 Cubic Feet
- First 3 hundred cu. ft. $2.84
- Next 197 hundred cu. ft. $1.213
- Additional hundred cu. ft. $0.737
- Rates for the former Red Oak water service area are as follows:
- First 3 hundred cu. ft. $2.72
- Additional hundred cu. ft. $1.25
Private Fire Protection
Automatic Sprinkler System
Size of Service Monthly Charge
- 2" - $18.40
- 3" - $24.40
- 4" - $33.40
- 6" - $42.40
- 8" - $55.40
- 10" - $85.40
Private Fire Hydrant Service
Per year payable monthly in advance - $300.00
*Installation & Removal of Meter on Hydrant - $350.00
Water used: $6.00 per 1,000 gallons
*If meter is installed on service other than hydrant, installation and removal will be at cost.
The amount of the deposit will be calculated at 2 ½ times the average monthly bill.
Service Charges and Fees
- For each new service connected to the Company's system, the initial service charge will be $300.00.
- Temporary and special service will be furnished at prevailing rates plus the actual cost of installing and removing the service and necessary attendance.
- For turning on a service or reading the meter upon a change of customers, the charge will be $30.00.
- For reconnecting a service after disconnection for non-payment, failure to make a deposit, or fraudulent use, the charge will be $50.00.
- For reconnecting a service after business hours and on weekends after disconnection for non-payment, failure to make a deposit, or fraudulent use, the charge will be $100.00.
- For the customer taking water without applying for service necessitating the removal of the meter, the charge will be $50.00.
- For the customer turning the service on after an off-for-nonpayment necessitating the removal of the meter, the charge will be $50.00.
- For the customer taking water through the use of a jumper device or a stolen meter, the charge will be $250.00.
- For each check given to the Company by the customer and charged back to the Company by the bank for nonsufficient funds i.e., NSF, the charge per occurrence will be $20.00.
- A deposit of $30.00 will be required for a meter test requested by the customer. If the meter records in excess of 102% of the quantity measured, the deposit will be refunded. Otherwise, the amount of the deposit will be retained as a charge for the meter test.
- For the customer paying their bill by credit card, an additional convenience fee will be assessed for each transaction. This fee will be the actual fee charged by the 3rd party processor.
- For the customer paying their bill by credit card, and disputed or charged back to the company, an additional fee will be assessed.
- This fee will be the actual fee charged by the 3rd party processor.
Water Usage Tips
Drinking sufficient water daily aids in weight loss and overall good health.